Thursday, December 4, 2008

This year we bought a real tree!
It's the second real tree of our married lives.
I bought a fake one before we got married and we have been
using it. It's more economical but the boys sure love having a real one!
We decorated it while Steve was out of town and,
since I'm not well acquainted with the trimming of real trees,
Steve informed me when he got home that it looked like someone
had put decorations on a felt board.
There were no spaces for the ornaments to tuck into
so I guess it looks silly and unkepmt but I have to say
that that was the easiest light hanging and decorating I've
EVER done! Scraggly or not I may do it that way every year!

4 comments:

Christi said...

All that effort (and by a pregnant lady at that!) and no appreciation. I hope you slugged him. ;)

Kristen said...

hah. It looks great. silly, silly man.

PILCHERS said...

i have to say ..i was quite jealous of your tree when is saw it in person..i love the whole thing of letting the kids decorate...and putting breakable ones up high from the "little white rabbit" is too stinkin' cute

Sarah Smiles said...

Very nice! We love real trees! Last year Rich and the kids went to get a tree and I stayed home with the baby. Anyway they got it from a tree farm we usually get it from the forest. Our tree had tons of spiders in it. We had spiders and spider webs everywhere--all over the tree and in all of the decorations and on the walls. They were tiny spiders. We call it our spider tree. :)