Wednesday, December 3, 2008

My Christmas Advent Calendar - Part 2

This is what the finished product looks like!
(Minus the star on the the top...
I forgot to put it on for the picture!)
I hadn't actually sewn the pockets on yet for this picture.
I'm doing that by hand right now and have only completed
six of them so far.
(If you would like to see close-ups of the pockets click here)
My Tree is so thick and the pockets are as well so I
figured that my sewing machine would break trying to
sew the pockets on that way.
Anyway, this is what it will look like once they are
sewn on so you get th idea!
Isn't it cool!

5 comments:

Janae said...

That is super cool and beautiful!! How big is this tree? and what do you put in the pockets? I love it!! way to go-- hey- what are you doing for New Year's????

Christi said...

That is VERY cute and I am completely impressed. One day I'd love to do something like that.

Janelle Ehat said...

Holy Smokes! Somehow I missed like a gazillion posts! I guess I'm not used to checking in on you since you've been Off the Radar for like... ever! So fun! Olivia is SO big and so stinking cute! So you haven't found out what you're having yet? Or are you being surprised? Aren't you supposed to have "the ultrasound" by 20 weeks?

Kristen said...

oh it looks fabulous! Yay! yayayay!

I got some clear thread to sew my pockets on (none of which are done yet, of COURSE, ugh). Hope it works...

Sarah Smiles said...

I am so impressed! I got a sewing machine for Christmas. I am very rusty at sewing though. It will take some time to get different colored thread and get comfortable sewing.