Saturday, November 29, 2008

My Christmas Advent Calendar - part 1

First of all...
Let me start by saying that dial-up SUCKS!!!
Now, I realize that it is absurd to point out the
obvious, but really! It took me
TWO DAYS
to upload these pictures!
Shew!
So, I hope you enjoy!
Let me explain to you what the purpose of these blocks are
(in case you didn't know).
When I went to Cali to visit Kristen, one of the many
activities she had planned for us was to make these
really great advent calendars.
The tree (which I will photograph after I've attached the pockets)
is about 50" tall and about 30" wide.
Each pocket (this is what the blocks will be once attached)
is 3" x 4".
This will be really cool to put little presents and treats
for each day of Christmas for the kids this year!
I'm very excited!
The idea for these came from Pottery Barn for Kids.
Some of the pockets are my version of their pockets and
some I came up with all myself.
(Just so you know... I will label each one accordingly.)
Holly Leaves - my design

Reindeer - clip art design from computer mixed w/my design

Ice Skate - a combo of traced cookie cutter w/ added blade and Pottery Barn

Penquin - Pottery Barn

Mittens - Pottery Barn

Presents - my design

Star - my design

Night window - mixture of Pottery Barn and my design

Stocking - Kristen's husband, Craig, drew this!

Circles - Pottery Barn

Present - Pottery Barn (change in ribbon)

Christmas light - my design

Gingerbread Man - Kristen's husband, Craig, drew this one too!

Christmas Tree - mixture of Pottery Barn and my design

Present - Pottery Barn w/change of ribbon

Candle - my design

Wreath - my design (fortune fell on me when I found I owned this ribbon!)

Present - Pottery Barn w/change of ribbon

Candy Cane - my design

Snowman - Pottery Barn with change of scarf

Circles - Pottery Barn

Wreath - my design (very simple, I know, but still pretty)

Smoking Chimney - My Design!!! (I'm very proud of this one!)

Poinsettia (or however you spell that!) - my design

Baby Jesus - My design
For the 25th day, Pottery Barn had a picture of Santa,
but I decided that I would rather have Jesus, so I made this one!
Just in case you were wondering, the fleck on the back of each
block is glitter (those of you who really know me know that this is essential!)
And each block is backed with stiff felt while the rest uses mostly
regular felt.
This was very time consuming,
but VERY FUN to do!
Thank you Kristen for coming up with the great idea!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

oh. my. gosh.

those are BEAUTIFUL!!! oh MAN! I'm sitting here turning green, and being VERY GLAD I haven't started yet so I can copy all of your awesome designs!!

You so rock.

Karalenn Hippen said...

I love how they all feel like they are from the same person. What great designs! They are just so cute. I'm excited to see your tree completed. I finished three trees last Thursday and mailed them off on Friday so they could get to my family in time to start today. The funny thing is that I never finished mine. It's almost done though. If I can get myself to go back to it, I should be able to finish today after about 20 more minutes of sewing. :)

PILCHERS said...

ok..so i know that it takes forever to download pics..but i want to see a pic of it all put together..