Sunday, November 16, 2008

Saturday at Ciudad

Saturday, Kristen took me to a cooking class at this cool restaurant in downtown LA, called Ciudad.

When Kristen and I lived in Utah I saw a show about this restaurant and tried to convince Kristen that we needed to fly out to LA for the day and go to lunch there and then come straight back home.  I'm pretty sure she thought I was crazy... I know her husband, Craig, did.

I guess she's always remembered it though since we finally made it there!
How it works was we were assigned a table which we shared with another couple of ladies, Dorothy and Ginger, and we watched the chefs prepare all the meals that we would be tasting. 
Here we are with the chefs, Mary Sue Miliken and Susan Feniger.
They did an awesome job and were sooo very funny!
Here is our desert.  It was really great, however, we didn't think to take a picture of our dishes as they came out until the very end (boooo!)

We had a GREAT time and were soooo full.  
I believe we went into a food coma afterward.

5 comments:

Christi said...

Glad to see you on blogspot. :) And congrats on a new baby. I didn't know. (THanks for putting it in your profile.) I can't believe how big Noah is. Crazy.

Tanielle said...

Yeah for a new baby! Can't wait to find out what it is! And welcome back into the blogging world, excited for more new posts! Oh what fun that cooking class must have been!

Janae said...

Catherine-- we miss you guys! Good to see you again- can't wait to hear all the new info in your lives!!!

California Washburns said...

Thanks for sharing your blog. (I just got into the blogging world. Ours is... www.californiawashburns.blogspot.com)

It's so fun to see your kids grown up. It looks like you had a fun trip to sunny LA! We are headed to the beach over Thanksgiving! Can't wait! I'm hoping to meet up with the VanDykes at some point during the trip. It's been awhile since we saw them.

Oh...Congratulations on # 4!!

Kimm Washburn

Sarah Smiles said...

How fun! You two are so cute!