Monday, November 17, 2008

The Gift of Pie

Kristen wanted me to go over my pie crust recipe with her
and show her how it "works."

We ended up with an apple pie 
(all from scratch, of course, I can't stand canned apple pie filling... too gritty)

And a pumpkin pie (Noah's favorite!)

We also made a top for her chicken pot pie.  
She had already used a "freezer fresh" pie from the store 
for the bottom and was going to make some other crust for the top.
That's really how this all got started.

I was supposed to show her days ago how to make my recipe
so it just spurred me into action when I saw her using a different recipe.

Let me know if you'd like a copy of my recipe.
Maybe I'll post it on my blog.
It's VERY easy and makes tons of pie crust.

6 comments:

PILCHERS said...

it looks like you have had a blast in cali...saw little olivia running the halls with mr hardy yesterday..he said he was counting the minutes till you got home...

Sol said...

Catherine, I was just thinking about that super yummy pecan pie you made when we lived in Stansbry, I want that recipe!!!

Catherine said...

Sol,
Did you mean the ingredients to the "super yummy" pecan pie that I mixed the ingredients together and gave you to pour into the pie crust and cook at your in-laws?
I believe that was a Betty Crocker recipe. I'll have to email it to you.

Tanielle said...

If you could whip together a tutorial from something like www.thepoineerwomancooks.com that would be WOnDeRFUL! I know with your super powers you could show us mere mortals a step by step since my last pie crust failed a measurable death. And I forget how you pinch your crusts so perfect. I so wish you could show me again. I don't make pie enough to remember.

jen said...

I'm with Tanielle. I wish we could have another pie making night. That was educational and FUN! I still have the recipe but I haven't used it for a few years. You pie pics are making me want to pull it out and practice.

Sarah Smiles said...

Do share all recipes! :)