Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The #1 Movie in America?

(If you haven't seen the movie and are still planning to,
you might want to wait to read my review until after.)
First of all...
I NEED you all to understand that I am a
HUGE FAN
of the Twilight Saga.
To date I have read the series twice
and LOVED it both times.
I am VERY sad to say that I
AM NOT
a huge fan of the Twilight movie.

My husband, Steve, and I and some of our friends
went to see it for the first (and last) time last night.
We laughed through most of it.
I thought this movie was supposed to be
a drama, not a comedy!
What was up with Jasper looking like Edward Scissorhands!
And when Edward Cullen saw Bella for the first time...
the way he smashed his hand to his nose was laughable!!!
There were sooo many dissapointing scenes.
Soooo many ridiculous scenes.
"Spidermonkey"???
All of the "super-intensity" got really old, really quickly.
(What was up with all of those "crazy eyes"?)
And what about Bella NEVER going near Edward, he
was always the one approaching her and then he says,
"We can't be friends" like she's stalking him and
she is the one who needs to quit?!
Then sooo many long and drawn out scenes.
Sadly, I was VERY dissapointed!
Here is a link to a website my friend, Kristen,
sent regarding the movie
and to quote her,
"the commentary is a little priceless."
I'm going to have to go back and
reread Twilight to clean my head up and
get all of my own images back now.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

*sigh*

sadly, yes; the movie completely sucked. I'm actually surprised at how many people I've talked to who LIKED it...

what is the world coming to?