Friday, November 14, 2008

Welcome to my new blog!

I'm moving over to blogger since most of my friends post here and I was looking for a "new face" for my computer to go with the "new face" I'll be getting for myself.

Let me explain...

When I was 12 I did what most kids my age did... I got braces put on.  I then wore them for the next 5 years!  At the end of the braces I had jaw surgery and ended up with a new face.  A strangely unique experience, if I do say so myself.

Well, a week ago Thursday, I had the pleasure of getting braces put on again.  I'm 34 years old and I have braces on again!!!  And not only do I get to wear braces again, I get to have the surgery all over again!  I'm such a lucky girl!  

(Really, I am lucky since my insurance has agreed to pay for the surgery)

However, I DO feel like a 12 year old again.  :(
(It is a little embarrassing to smile)

So, I'm keeping you posted of my progress with this as well as the events of the life of my family, my friends and myself.

Enjoy!


Holy Crap!  
(Please don't comment about the hair or the make-up.  
It was, after all, the early 90's... a very ugly time)
My first bout with braces.  Pre-surgery.

Here I am now, 16 years later.

Aaaannnnndddd... here are the new braces!



3 comments:

packer.elizabeth said...

Oh my goodness! You made yourself sound so much uglier than that! You weren't ugly at all. Just very early 90's.

Hannah said...

How can we NOT comment on the hair and makeup? They are AWESOME. I would have been so envious of you back then. Love the blog. :)

Sarah Smiles said...

I think you look great! Now. :) And back then! ;)