Saturday, January 3, 2009

You need to read this!

It's been a while since I've read something and plowed right through it.

It's always nice when you find a book that you just can't put down.

This one fits the bill. I found that I just couldn't wait to get back to it when I was forced to step away for a moment.

I won't tell you what it was about. There are tooooo many things to say.

Let me just say that Jennifer Leigh Youngblood and Sandra Poole did an excellent job!

You should read it!


Then... after you've read that one, I am told you need to read this one.


It is written by the same authors.

It is not a sequel, just another excellent book that is an even faster read than the first one.

I haven't read it yet so I can't say for sure that that is how I'm going to feel about it, but I do have VERY high hopes for it.

(Hopefully not so high that there is no way it can fulfill my expectations... I hate it when that happens)


Anyway, I don't recommend books lightly so obviously I think that "Livin' in High Cotton" is worthy of your time.


If you do decide to take the plunge, let me know what you think!

2 comments:

Jennifer Youngblood and Sandra Poole said...

Catherine,
I was surfing the net and came across your blog. Thanks for the high compliment! Readers like you make the writing worth it.

All the best,

Jennifer Youngblood

Ann's Mommie said...

My cousin, Kim Austin, knows one of the authors and gave both books to my mother for Christmas. I have finished High Cotton and can't wait to read the second one. I loved the book and would recommend it to everyone!!